Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Fall anti-aging skin care routine!

Hey everyone!

My latest video is all about my Fall anti-aging skin care. Since I am about to be 30, my skin really has drastically changed just in the last couple of years. Where I used to be severely dry, I now have combination skin. I also have enlarged pores, black heads, white heads, and wrinkles! Now, I am constantly on the hunt for items that will not only nourish my skin, but take care of my troubled spots, and even out my complexion.

Check out my video here:



Here are the items featured in the video and a little mini review of each product:



- Hill Country Essentials Invigorating Morning Facial Cleanser / compared to Neutrogena Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
I really love this facial wash. I can use it in the morning or at night and it gives the skin a slight tingle. The little microbeads do feel a bit like an exfoliant, which I love, and it smells really nice. It also removes quite a bit of makeup, so I don't have to scrub my face raw with a makeup cleansing cloth.


- L'Oreal go 360 clean for sensitive skin
This is my go-to holy grail of drugstore facial cleansers. I keep this one in the shower and love the little scrubletes that come with it, it makes it really feel like it's getting deep down into my pores and cleaning. I also think the scent is so light, its almost nonexistent, which I LOVE! It lathers rather well too. The sensitive skin one has never broken me out, however the exfoliating one has.


- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
This is THEBOMB.COM!!! I love this masque!! It has made my skin so much more even, less combination, taken care of many black heads, and enlarged pores...do I really need to go on? I love how it smells, very minty. It goes on cool, but dries a little warm and is easy to rinse off. I use this at least once a week.
- Hill Country Essentials Deep Cleansing Nose Strips / Compared to Biore nose strips
I use these little guys once a week to get rid of my pesky white and black heads. The only problem I have had is with them really sticking to the tip of my nose where I have the most black heads, but it most definitely gets rid of the white heads. CAUTION: these will make your pores on your nose "open" so you need to use a toner to close them...
- Aveda Botanical Kinetics skin firming/toning agent
So, since I filmed this review, I have purchased this toner, and let me say...I love it! It smells so amazing (as all Aveda products do), and it's so friggin easy to use! No cotton balls, no dry time, just spray and go! I haven't noticed any break outs, just a nice even complexion. No super oily spots, no crazy dry spots. And the best part...my pores are looking super small and my black heads are almost nonexistent on my nose!!!
- St.Ives collagen elastin moisturizer

My new Holy Grail of moisturizer! My skin looks and feels firmer, and the lines around my eyes and the laugh lines on my cheeks are looking much less visible. I also feel like my skin doesn't look as red as it normally does, so that is a major plus for me. The only downside to this, like I said in the video, is the smell....yuck! Straight up OLD LADY! But if you can get past that for about 30 seconds while it dries on your skin, you are going to love this product...if you can't, sorry bout ya! You're gonna miss out!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the St. Ives products, they make a killer face scrub too and its perfect to polish the dull winter skin. Even in the cold months, I use my all natural sunscreen because it gives me an extra glow under my makeup. Definitely recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliva, thanks for the recommendation! :) I will check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hose who are facing acne related problems can order Tretinoin cream online and start using Tretinoin acne cream. The generic Tretinoin cream also possesses anti-bacterial properties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!..
    anti-wrinkle

    ReplyDelete