Friday, September 13, 2013

Halloween Costume: The Great Gatsby - Flapper Inspired Tutorial



I just LOVE the great Gatsby! The movie is visually stunning and totally inspired me to create this tutorial! I wanted to make a look that could belong to any of the women at the grand parties that Jay Gatsby hosts at his home! If you are going to be a flapper for halloween, I hope you will find this tutorial helpful!

Check out the tutorial for nails, hair, and makeup here:




For the Nails I used:
Revlon polish in Gold Coin on all fingers
striping tape
Wet N Wild black creme nail polish
Revlon fast drying top coat
gold nail studs



For the Hair I used:
L.A. Looks mega mega hold hair gel 
TRESemmé tres 2 freezing hairspray
  

For the Makeup I used:
(EYES)
ELF eye primer
NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Gold
28 neutral palette (top right for purple, 2nd row - 2nd in from the left for off white) - or you can use MAC beauty marked and vanilla
Gold eyeshadow (I used the gold from Covergirl's coffee shop quad)
ELF creme liner in black
Covergirl lashblast 24 hour in blackest black
(for my eyebrows I used the red color from the Luxe quad from ELF, and a concealer palette to outline and make them look sharp)
(FACE)
Maybelline instant age rewind concealer
Maybelline Fit Me foundation
contour palette (pink for face, white for under eyes, contour for nose and cheeks)
NYX blush in blushing rose
(LIPS)
NYC lipliner in nude
NYC lipstick in Mahogany
CATTIVA lipgloss in #6

Costume ideas:
pinstripe suits
flapper dresses
head bands across the head
low heels
form fitting wrap dresses 
faux cigarettes with holder  


No comments:

Post a Comment